Saturday 19 May 2012

Imitation is the best form of flattery


For the last 2 or 3 years, this sewing blog right here has had the header "House of Marmalade".  My regular readers will testify to this.

Mr Google also knows because if you search for "House of Marmalade",  you get me ...

Now, according to Google Alerts, someone has bought the domain "houseofmarmalade' and seems to be planning some sort of fashion blog/shop ...



Thank goodness I bought the domains for Marmaladekiss, the original name of this place.


6 comments:

Vanilla Rose said...

Marmaladekiss is better. Which is fortunate.

Jacqui said...

It's not actually a very clever form of imitation though, because if you google House of Marmalade what is going to come up? You! Der.

dottycookie said...

Yes, I can see how that would be very annoying indeed.

Anonymous said...

How very rude! So, will I have to change my link to you to continue reading?

JuliaB said...

Thank you regular readers for your support! Toffeeapple - no need to change your link as I don't own the domain 'houseofmarmalade' it's just the name of my blog ...

christinedown28 said...

Oh Julia, how annoying! I have had the same. I am Sewchristine (as you know) and someone has bought the domain Sewchristine.com and set up a so called sewing blog. (Not much sewing on it though) You feel like you came up with something original and someone is just riding on your coattails. Still, to me YOU will always be House of Marmalade.